Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt (Ingolstadt University of Applied Sciences) sees itself as an international university and has anchored this self-image centrally in its mission statement and goals. We are striving to meet the highest standards in all areas of research, teaching and management taking into account the increasing globalisation and the educational expectations of our business environment and society.
Internationalisation at Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt
Understanding internationalisation as a standard, this basic attitude is reflected in our offer of international Bachelor's and Master's degrees, subject-related foreign language courses and elective subjects dealing with international and intercultural topics as part of any study programme. This variety of programmes and components is supported by the introduction of international degree programmes such as "Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence", "User Experience Design" (Master), “Retail and Consumer Management”, “International Automotive Engineering”, "Automotive Production Engineering", "Renewable Energy Systems" and "Engineering and Management".
Close co-operation with the international coordinator of each faculty as well as the university board guarantees continuous development. Thus, at a steadily thriving university location, numerous synergy effects develop between teaching, research and management which we are pleased to support in a service-oriented manner.
The International Office of Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt supports all international activities with various offers and in manifold ways.
At the moment, at least one in three graduates of Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt has spent at least one semester of study or internship abroad. The aim is to maintain this proportion continuously, even with sharply rising student numbers. This is an extremely ambitious goal of our university which is mainly based on the fact that intercultural competencies and global thinking started to play a major role for the professional careers of our graduates. International Office helps students with all necessary arrangements before and during their studies and stay abroad.
We advise you on the following topics:
International students are sincerely welcome to study at our university. We support the integration of our international students into everyday life of our university through a variety of services.
- Information and support of exchange students from our partner universities with the application procedure for theoretical semesters
- Advising international degree-seeking students in organizational and everyday matters
- Intensive support of all international students during the orientation phase on-site
- Support of integration with local students, e.g. via the buddy programme or regular intercultural evenings
- Organization of workshops and excursions to support your academic success and your entry into the workforce
The International Office organises a variety of events:
- Information sessions at all faculties
- Workshops on intercultural topics and how to apply in Germany (for international students) or abroad
- Intercultural Evenings ("Länderabende") and events on German traditions & holidays
- International Staff Weeks for THI and international staff
- Information on staff mobility within the Erasmus+ program (administration and academics)
- Information on possible financial support of international mobility
- Assistance in establishing and consolidating new international contacts with universities and companies
- Assistance for guest lecturers from our partner universities
German courses, scholarships, etc.
Offers by the Society for Academic Study Preparation and Test Development (g.a.s.t.)
- Free assessment of German language skills
- Language certificate TestDaF
- German courses
to the DAAD-Infos German courses
Virtuelle Hochschule Bayern (vhb): https://www.vhb.org/studierende/ukraine/
- You are a Ukrainian citizen
- You are/were enrolled at a Ukrainian university in the winter term 21/22 or summer term 2022
For Ukrainian nationals with German skills:
- Select courses with credits (ECTS) in different subjects (not an entire study programme)
For Ukrainian nationals without German skills:
- Courses to prepare for studies in English
- German courses
Taras-Shevchenko-scholarships for German language courses
Visit of the Consul General of the State of Israel for Southern Germany
Prof Dr Walter Schober (President of THI), Sandra Simovich (Consul General of the State of Israel for Southern Germany), Liran Sahar (Deputy Consul General), Prof Dr Georg Rosenfeld (Board Member IFG)
Visit of the Ambassador H.E. Enrique Thayer Hausz of the Republic of Panamá
On Feb. 17, 2023, the Ambassador of the Republic of Panama, H.E. Enrique Thayer Hausz visited THI together with Economic Attaché Tania V. Troyano R.
Visit of a delegation of universities from Ethiopia
Sonja Bedington, M.A.
Eva IlicDipl.Betriebswirtin (FH)
Tanja Schulze, M.A.
Javier Rojas M.A.
Fiona Nimser, M.A.
You can find us near the main entrance (A006): the International Office is available there Monday to Wednesday from 11.00 am-1.00 p.m during the semester. We are open again on September 18, 2023.
You can reach us via E-Mail
Please put documents in an envelope addressed to International Office into the post box at the entrance of building A.
Individual appointments must be booked in advance via moodle (International Office).