Our „nice“ club was founded in 2015 and has been growing ever since. We co-operate with the International Office (IO) and support the integration of international exchange and degree students at THI and the whole region.
Who are we?
We are a diverse group consisting of students with many different study subjects and nationalities. It is our aim to enable an integration as smooth as possible for international students – however, having fun is just as important to us!
What do we do?
Connect people from all over the world
- Arrange excursions and trips
- Conduct cultural exchange events
- Bring international and German students together
- Strengthen the international community in Ingolstadt
- Support the incoming international students
You can join and support our team in the following areas:
There are several tasks connected to the Buddy Programme: Become a Buddy and help international students find their way before their arrival in and during their first weeks in Ingolstadt. Act as a translator for smaller groups of students during appointments, for example in the town hall. Or help co-ordinating the programme as a whole to make sure nothing goes wrong!
Join our events and excursions to experience great activities in the international community at THI and meet amazing new people!
If you are pursuing a degree at THI you are also very welcome to join our team as a member and work with us to improve your organisational skills, live out your creativity when planning events or show the most beautiful places of Germany to international students from THI.
Our events include game nights, outdoor game afternoons, treasure hunts, movie nights, cultural celebrations and big events at the start as well as the end of each semester.
Our excursions go to places like Herrenchiemsee palace, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Bamberg, Wallberg (hike) and Kloster Weltenburg with its own brewery.
Gain first experience in the Marketing sector even during your theoretical study semesters! This area includes typical marketing activities like promoting the club and its events, the creation of posters and other advertising material or taking care of our online/Social Media channels.
At N.I.C.E. you can give free rein to your creativity. Join us and help shape our future agenda with your own visions and ideas!
Language Tandem is an open platform which aims to build a community around language & culture. We organize places for meetups where you can practice your languages and build relationships to like-minded students. You can get involved as follows:
- Support on Tandem Meets (online und face-to-face). Information about recent Tandem Meets can be found on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TandemTHI/ or Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/buddy_at_thi/
- Video production and video editing
- Planing, organization, research, social media
And of course you can join Tandem Meets as tandem partner!
- Certificate about social commitment (nice add-on for scholarship applications, the CV, etc.)
- Gaining intercultural experience
- Gaining skills in areas such as project work, marketing, etc., as well as strengthening your soft skills
- Improvement of your language and organizational skills
- Building an international network and find new friends from Germany and all over the world!