To improve the personal development and career opportunities of female students in the field of technology and computer science, the THI offers two mentoring programmes: study IN (for first semester students) and work IN (for students in higher semesters). The mentoring project offers young women the opportunity to network (in male-dominated study programmes), to establish contact, to find support and to learn about opportunities and perspectives in the German industry.
BayernMentoring - What is it?
The BayernMentoring programme has been successfully run at the Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt since 2005 and is connected to the BayernMentoring of the State Conference of Women's Representatives at Bavarian HAWs (Universities of Applied Sciences). It is a state-wide project for the advancement of women in technical and computer science degree programmes in which all Bavarian HAWs participate.
study IN for first-semester students (junior level) in technical & computer science courses
- JuniorMentee: As a first-semester student, you will be supported by a female student in the higher semester, preferably from the same degree programme, for your start at the THI.
- JuniorMentor: As a student in a higher semester, you accompany a first-year student at the start of her studies.
work IN for female students in the higher semesters (professional level) in technical & computer science courses
- ProfiMentee: As a female student in the 3rd semester of a Bachelor's degree or a female Master's student in the 1st semester, you will receive career-oriented support from an academic.
- ProfiMentor: An engineer or computer scientist from industry share advice and experience with female students.
The Mentoring programme offers a supporting programme with seminars, relaxed meetings, theme evenings or company excursions. Mentoring participants can improve their soft skills in various workshops (on site and virtually), organized by different Bavarian universities that are part of BayernMentoring.
Mentoring year 2023/24:
- Programme Introduction: Wed, Oct. 18, 2023 at 1:30 p.m.
- Registration deadline study IN: Sun, Oct. 29, 2023
All mentoring participants will receive an invitation to the events by email. Registration takes place in matorix (see website study IN for details).
Mentoring closing event on the topic of "Career begins in the wardrobe"
Science-Tour in Ingolstadt's old city center
study IN Kick-Off
We meet for a bowling evening.
Theme Evening: Semester Abroad Students Report
Self Defense Course at THI
We took part in a self defense course at THI.