Registration (free to attend) is already open: http://events.thi.de/wud2023
On this afternoon, there will be exciting lectures from various fields and a closing keynote by a proven expert. In addition, student work will be presented in the exhibition area, coffee/snacks will be served, companies will be represented with stands and THI research/transfer projects will provide information about their work.
- Prof. Dr. Walter Schober, President of the Ingolstadt University of Technology
- Thomas Martlbauer, Senior Consultant UX, Spiegel Institut Mannheim GmbH
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Riener, THI (main organiser and moderator)
15.15 - 16.30 (Lecture block 1)
15.15 - 15.35 (Lecture 20 min incl. Q&A)
Jakob Peintner (PhD student, THI) "Does it Take a Team to Drive Automated?"
15.35 - 15.55 (talk 20 min incl. Q&A)
Corina Haltmaier (Spiegel Institut Ingolstadt): "Conception and Evaluation of an Augmented Reality Application for Passengers in Vehicles".
15.55 - 15.58 (Pitch 3 min)
Sabrina Hoffer, Alice Lell, MUHAMMED MURAL, Emely Rosbach, Hannah Reuter, Muhammad Muhammad, Larin Talabani-Durmus, Carina Ziegler, Jakob Peintner, Andreas Riener (UXDM students/supervisor, THI): "HapTech: Intelligent controls in public spaces through mid-air haptic interaction"
15.58 - 16.18 (Lecture 20 min incl. Q&A)
Dr. Melanie Berger (TU Eindhoven, The Netherlands): "Movie Nights Reinvented: Enhancing Togetherness through Collaborative TV Control"
16.18 - 16.21 (Pitch 3 min)
Tanmesh M. Shah (UXDM student, THI): "The Potential of Virtual Reality in Improving Student's Memorization and Understanding of Complex Learning Content: Concept Development and Empirical Validation"
16.21 - 17.15 Break at the stands
- Company stands
- Catering supported by Spiegel Institut
- Poster exhibition: "Quartier G - a new Identity for Collaboration and Cooperation"
- Demo: "Creativo- Collaborative Learning in Virtual Reality (Project THILearningLabVR)"
- Demo: "The Potential of Virtual Reality in Improving Student's Memorization and Understanding of Complex Learning Content: Concept Development and Empirical Validation"
- Branding meets Usability - Exhibition of Students Work from SS2023 (UXD-B)
- Exhibition of UXD-B/-M projects and thesis works
17.15 - 18.45 (Lecture block 2)
17.15 - 17.35 (Lecture 20 min incl. Q&A)
Prof. Eric Eller (THI): "The Psychology of Trust"
17.35 - 17.55 (Lecture 20 min incl. Q&A)
Boris Schmelter (strategic consultant and managing director SCHMELTER BRAND DESIGN, lecturer at THI): "Branding meets Usability"
17.55 - 17.58 (Pitch 3 min)
Julian Ambacher, Luci Fischer, Anand B. Gaurav, MARIA PEITRUSCHKA, Leoni Spreng, Jasmin Wilkes, Theresa Zimmermann, Jakob Peintner, Andreas Riener (UXDM students/supervisor, THI): "Haptic Journey: The integration of gesture-controls and mid-air haptic feedback into ticket machines to foster better hygiene in public spaces"
17.58 - 18.45 (Keynote 30 min, Q&A)
Dr. Marisol Wong-Villacres (Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral in Guayaquil, Ecuador): "Towards a World of Many Worlds in HCI: Opening Up Pathways for a Capacity-Focused Design"
18.45 Closing and farewell