The campus WiFi is the standard wireless network for Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt. The IT Service recommends this network for daily use.
- SSID: eduroam / campus
- Encryption via WPA2 Enterprise AES
- Authentication via IEEE802.1x standard (PEAP – MSCHAPv2)
- CA-Certificate: T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2
- for Campus use THI-Accountname (e.g.: abc1234 or mustermann)
- for eduroam use THI-Mailaddress (e.g.: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- anonymous identitity: @thi.de
Difference between eduroam and campus
With campus you can connect to the internet, the THI-network and the services of our library.
With eduroam you can only connect to the internet.
Authentication takes place for campus via your username and for eduroam via your THI email address.
The eduroam WiFi enables members of universities in the eduroam consortium the authentication via their user ID of their home institution. To configure eduroam, please follow the instructions of your home institution. On this site you will find only the instructions for setting up the WiFi for members of Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt.
Note for Android
Please note that for Android version 7 or higher, the T-Telesec GlobalRoot Class 2 certificate must be installed as a WiFi certificate. Otherwise you can not connect to campus or eduroam. See also our configuration notes on the right side.