Application and Fees
How to apply
- undergraduate student with at least four completed semesters
motivation letter answering a set of given questions (to be published here very soon)
B2 English level or higher - a C1 level in spoken English is highly recommended for class discussions
- German knowledge is not required, since the summer school programme is taught in English
Two weeks: 325€
The fees include tuition fees, all lectures, practicals and course materials, bus fare for excursions, guided city tour, welcome snack and farewell dinner.
Course fees have to be paid via bank transfer. Our bank account details will be e-mailed to you after you have been officially selected for participation.
Registration period: March 15, 2023 - April 27, 2023
The selection of the candidates will take part after the application period has ended. You will receive your confirmation by May 3, 2023 the latest.
Please click here for your online application.
After you are registered and filled in your personal data, you are asked to upload several pdf documents to the online application tool:
- your most recent proof of grades (transcript of records)
- your enrolment certificate of the university you are currently enrolled in
- your CV
- your letter of motivation answering given questions only
- a copy of your identity card or passport
- a passport photograph
- proof of English skills B2, if available of C1 in oral English (European Framework)
The official letters of admission will be sent after a short selection process, which will take place in the weeks following the registration deadline of April 27. Please understand, that the selection of the candidates will take part after the application deadline. There is no selection before this date and we won´t send you any feedback before the selection process is finished.
We will evaluate the applications based on the requirements, your recent grades and your motivation letter. Once your application has been selected, we will send the confirmation of participation to you via E-Mail as well as our bank account details where you can transfer the sum according to our course fees. Please note, that your application is only valid, if your payment has been received within 14 days after receipt of confirmation of participation.
After receiving your payment, your registration will be binding.
Please understand that we cannot return your course fee, if you cancel your participation.
THI reserves the right to cancel the event due to organisational or technical reasons. In case of cancellation we will reimburse you for the already remitted course fees. Beyond this, we are not entitled to the reimbursement of further expenditures.
Take a look at student life at THI!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
We look forward to welcoming you to Ingolstadt!
Questions to be answered in your motivation letter.
Please choose one of the following two tasks and write an essay of about 1,000 words.
1. Please describe a situation in which you felt negatively affected by the interaction with a technological device. Discuss whether the technology or its creators were responsible for your emotions.
2. How does technology help you to become a better person?