The simulation laboratory supports CARISSMA employees with powerful hardware and appropriate software that enables real-world testing to be prepared in other laboratories. Tests performed in drop tower laboratories, indoor test areas and outdoor areas benefit in particular from prior simulation.
Simulations of vehicle dynamics, crashes, and occupant & partner protection are very time-intensive in terms of their computation requirements. This is due to the strong non-linearities involved, the many degrees of freedom, and the highly transient nature of the events. Powerful workstation computers with a high graphics capability are available that enable several employees and groups of students to work simultaneously on the planned research projects. A powerful server cluster (computing cluster with appropriate storage) is available for performing the simulation calculations.
- 6 PCs with 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4 ECC, Intel Xeon E5-1620 v3 processor (4 cores, 3.5 GHz), 512 GB solid state drive, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB graphics card, operating system: Windows 10
- 8 PCs with 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4 ECC, Intel Xeon E5-1650 v3 processor (6 cores, 3.5 GHz), 512 GB solid state drive, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB graphics card, operating system: Windows 10
- 2 PCs with 192 GB (8 x 16 GB, 8 x 8 GB) 2133 MHz DDR4 ECC RDIMM, Intel Xeon E5-2697 v3 dual (14 cores, 2.6 GHz), 2 x 1 TB SATA-SSD hard drive, NVIDIA Quadro M4000 8 GB graphics card, operating systems: 10 and Linux
- All workstations are equipped with two monitors
- 2 additional PC workstations, each with a Monitor
- 55“ TV monitor for presentations
- Seating for two additional persons
- 1 x master node: Intel Xeon E5-2640 v4 (2.4GHz, 10C/20T, 25MB cache, 8GT/s QPI, 90W, Turbo, HT), max. RAM 2,133MHz
- 17 x worker nodes: each with 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2687W v4 (3GHz, 12C/24T, 30MB cache, 9.6GT/s QPI, 160W, Turbo, HT), max. RAM 2,400MHz
Licences for teaching and research purposes are available.
- Altair HyperWorks
- User-specified software installations are possible
- Explicit, highly dynamic calculations for crash, occupant and pedestrian protection
- Driving dynamics simulations
- Improvements to vehicle structures & components and determination of material parameters for numerical material models
- Implicit FEM calculations and applications in the field of multiphysics
- Development and control of non-linear vehicle models