Here you can go to the online-portal of uni-assist to apply for the VPD

PRIMUSS-application portal THI

Here you can apply and have a look on your application progress

Blick in die leere Bibliothek

Master courses

Here you can find a list of all offered Master's courses.

Overview Master application from abroad

In case you need more detailed information please take a look on the

Step-by-Step guide for master application(.pdf)

General information relevant for all applicants can be found on our page master application.

Additonal information for applicants from India: you also need an APS certificate - getting it currently takes approximately three months! For further information please take a look at the FAQs below.


FAQs regarding uni-assist

Until when do I have to apply for the VPD (Vorprüfungsdokumentation)?

We recommend to apply as early as possible. You can apply for the VPD at uni-assist before the application period at the University of Applied Sciences Ingolstadt starts. Please plan to have received your VPD until the end of the appliecation period of our university at the very latest.

Usually uni-assist needs 4 to 6 weeks to work on received requests (complete ones, including payment). Uni-assist informs on current processing times (dependant on region) on their page regarding deadlines and processing time.

Which documents do I need to submit to uni-assist?
  • copy of bachelor degree certificate including complete transcipt of records and diploma supplement (the latter if available)
  • copy of current transcript of records in case studies are not completed yet (important: the transcript has to be up-to-date, otherwise audit can be rejected)
  • CV (illustration of education - school career)
  • Copy of personal ID or passport
  • Proof of a name change (e.g. copy of the marriage certificate) if the proof of education is not issued in the current name
  • APS certificate (in case the Bachelor Degree was absolved in China, Mongolia, India or Vietnam)

You can also find information on the necessary documents on the homepage of uni assist at application documents, as well as information on certification and, if necessary, translation.

Proof of language knowledge does NOT have to be sent to uni-assist.

The country of my previous education was PR China, India, Vietnam or Mongolia. Do I have to submit additional documents?

Yes, please follow the special rules for applicants from the PR China, India, Vietnam and Mongolia

Applicants from the PR China, India, Mongolia and Vietnam need to have their grade sheets and academic proof of performance reviewed and recognised by the Academic evaluation office (Akademische Prüfstelle, APS) in their home country. The original APS certificate has to be submitted to uni-assist e.V. Certified copies will not be accepted. Without the APS certificate or the APS confirmation in the original, the documents cannot be assessed! Please copy/scan your APS certificate for your documents.

Academic Evaluation Office Peking

Academic Evaluation Office Ulan Bator

Academic Evaluation Office Hanoi

Academic Evaluation Office New Dehli


I can't find the study course I want to apply for at uni-assist, what can I do?

Please search for our university on the page of uni-assist without specifying the study course you're interested in. Then two possibilities will be provided: "Bachelor - all subjects" or "Master - all subjects"

Please select the possibility you want to apply for.

The study course you're interested in can be choosen in the PRIMUSS-application portal of the THI.

How much does it cost to get the VPD?

When requesting the VPD, you need to transfer the fees to uni-assist. The audit fee for certificates is 75 Euro at the moment, any additional application at another university currently costs 30 Eur (changes of course are possible).

Please note that your application cannot be processed if you did not yet transfer the fee. We recommend to submit a copy of the account statement or a transfer voucher with your documents.

Here you can find all information regarding fees for your application at uni-assist.

Can I reuse my VPD?

To be able to reuse your VPD the following cirteria must be met:

  1. the VPD was issued after choosing a "Master-check" for Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt
  2. the VPD is no older than one year

FAQs regarding application in PRIMUSS-portal

How do I have to apply in the PRIMUSS-application portal?

A short overview can be found in the picture above.

In detail you need to take the following steps:

  1. Register in PRIMUSS application portal (link can be found above)
  2. fill questions
  3. add study course(s)
  4. upload demanded documents (including VPD)
  5. send application online

It is not necessary to send documents by post.

However, Ingolstadt University of Applied Sciences reserves the right to request an officially certified copy of the documents.


My Bachelor is equivalent to 180 ECTS, can I apply for the Master courses of the THI?

Only applicants with a Bachelor’s course equivalent to a German study course with 210 ECTS can access the Master courses of the THI.

With a Bachelor’s Degree equivalent to 180 ECTS admission to the Master courses of the Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt is not possible.

However the regulations of the Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt provide the possibility of compensating the missing competences through working experience after graduating. The duration of the working experience must be at least 20 weeks full-time (and as already mentioned after graduating from the Bachelor). Please upload proof of your working experience in the upload area of the PRIMUSS-application portal. The necessary information working certificates have to display to enable the transfer of credits is listed in the PRIMUSS-application portal. As soon as the status of the document turns to „OK“ we checked on it and your working experience is sufficient.

Is there an aptitude test for the study course I'm interested in?

 The following courses require an aptitude test:

  1. AI Engineering of Autonomous Systems (see Satzung Eignungsfeststellung)
  2. Applied Research in Engineering Sciences, German-taught (see § 6 SPO AR)
  3. Artificial Intelligence, German-taught (see § 4 SPO KI)
  4. Automated Driving and Vehicle Safety, German-taught (see § 4 SPO AUF)
  5. Automotive and Mobility Management, German-taught (see § 4 SPO AM)
  6. Automotive Production Engineering (see § 4 SPO APE)
  7. Entrepreneurship and Digital Business, German-taught (siehe §4 SPO EDB)
  8. International Automotive Engineering (see § 4 SPO IAE)
  9. Marketing, Sales and Media, German-taught (see § 5 SPO MV)
  10. Patent Engineering, German-taught (see Satzung Eignungsfeststellung)
  11. Renewable Energy Systems (see § 4 SPO RES)
  12. Retail and Consumer Management (see § 4 SPO RCM)
  13. User Experience Design (see §4 SPO UXM)

Some of the study and examination regulations unfortunately only are available in German.

Except from the German-taught Master course Applied Research in Engineering Science all the aptitude tests are tests where applicants don't have to appear in person. They have to upload documents proving their experience in the core area of the Master course in the PRIMUSS-application portal. More information on the necessary documents etc. can be found in the PRIMUSS-application portal.

Which German skills do I have to prove?

Applicants from abroad who apply for a german-taught course have to submit proof of sufficient German skills, level B2.

Proof of the passed exam has to be submitted until enrollment at the latest. In the section "proof of language skills" you can find a list of accepted German tests level B2.

Proof of language knowledge has to be uploaded when applying online at the THI, you do NOT have to sent it to uni-assist.

Which English skills do I have to prove?

For the following courses proof of English knowledge is necessary:

  • AI Engineering of Autonomous Systems
  • Automotive Production Engineering
  • Design Leadership
  • Engineering and Management
  • Entrepreneurship and Digital Business (although mostly taught in German, therefore proof of German B2 is also necessary)
  • Financial Management und Controlling (although mostly taught in German, therefore proof of German B2 is also necessary)
  • Global Business
  • Global Foresight and Technology Management
  • Hydrogen Technologies and Economics (although mostly taught in German, therefore proof of German B2 is also necessary)
  • International Automotive Engineering
  • Renewable Energy Systems
  • Retail and Consumer Management
  • User Experience Design

For english-taught courses proof of English language knowledge level B2 is necessary. In the section "proof of language" skills you can find a list of accepted English tests level B2.

Proof of language knowledge does NOT have to sent it to uni-assist.

Do I get information on the progress of my application after sending it?

Yes. Changes in the upload-area as well as in the application-progress area in the PRIMUSS-application portal will be displayed instantly after an employee of the university checked on your application.

When can I expect admission?

Letters of admission will be shown in the area "application progress" of the PRIMUSS-application portal. Information on when to expect admission and how to process enrollment can be found on our page admission and enrollment.

Other FAQs

How much money do I need to budget for the duration of the Master course?
Are there residence halls for students in Ingolstadt?

Contact information and adresses can be found on our page for Accomodation.

Information for Refugees

You can find information on this under the following links:

FAQs Information for Refugees (thi.de)

International Office (thi.de)


What is going to happen after the end of the application process?

Information on what is going to happen after the end of the application process can be found on our page Admission and Enrollment.

Contact for application issues

E-Mail: application@thi.de

Info phone:

+49 (0) 841/9348-1370

Mo till Thur 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Fr 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.

during semester break:

Mo till Thur 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Fr 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.

Information and advice in person

Campus Ingolstadt

Mo - Thur 11 am - 1 pm

ServicePoint Studium, great hall, room A006
Differing opening hours (pdf)

Campus Neuburg

Tue 11 am - 1 pm

ServicePoint Studium, Building Z, room ZN001
Differing opening hours (pdf)


Postal address:
Postfach 21 04 54, 85019 Ingolstadt 

Visitor's adress:
Esplanade 10, 85049 Ingolstadt