The laboratory deals with fundamental and current issues of mechatronic components in various machines. Especially in the field of sensor and control technology there are extensive training and investigation possibilities.
Goals and idea
Electrical and control systems are also becoming increasingly important in the field of mechanical engineering. The aim of our laboratory is to provide students in this field with sound knowledge and skills.
Laboratory equipment and activities
- Electric karts with different drive trains and with self-developed functions: e.g. measurement data acquisition and telemetry, detection of unstable driving conditions, torque vectoring, adaptive distance control ACC
- Tools for rapid prototyping e.g. dSpace µAutoBox and a self-designed development environment based on Simulink
- Measurement data acquisition on the basis of LabView
- Function display on micro-controllers: e.g. Arduino Uno, Arduino Due, Raspberry Pi
- Sensors and actuators from the automotive sector
- Use of bus systems: e.g. I²C, SPI and CAN bus
- Test setups for general electrical engineering and control engineering: e.g. motor control, level control, floating ball in the magnetic field, ball on rocker
In addition to the lectures, practical courses in electrical engineering, control engineering and vehicle mechatronics are offered.
- Study projects
- Demonstrations during the university information day and the open day
- Project days for schoolgirls
- Researcher's Camp in cooperation with AUDI
- Cooperation with Brazilian students in the AWARE project