- New registration into this programme is only possible for the winter semester (October-February).
- Applications may be submitted through our online application system from May 2nd to July 15th.
- Note that uni-assist (for applicants from abroad) may require up to 6 weeks to issue a VPD – see requirements below.
- Proof of Bachelor´s degree in design (sciences), engineering sciences, or a degree in another related discipline at a German university with at least 210 ECTS credit points or an equivalent degree of a foreign university.
Note that all foreign applicants must submit their Bachelor's degree to uni-assist which verifies their eligibility and coverts their grades to the German grade system. Uni-Assist will issue a so called preliminary inspection documentation (VPD) which you have to upload to the application portal (similar to their other documents).
- Proof of English proficiency level B2 or higher.
Admission restrictions may apply. Admission is based on the grade point average of your Bachelor's degree. The average mark required depends on the number of applicants and available capacity.
Please find further information on master applications here. For applications from abroad, see our master's from abroad-pages.
There is no requirement to formally prove German language skills for your admission. You may start with little or no German language proficiency. However, German is the official national language in Germany. The transition from your home country to the German university system and every day life will be made easier the more German you know. Furthermore, German skills will greatly increase your chances in finding a student job and or an internship at a German company.