Applying for a degree course
The programme starts in summer term (March 15th) as well as in winter term (October 1st). Please find all information on our master application pages
November 15th – January 15th in case of admission for the summer term;
May 2nd – July 15th in case of admission for the winter term
The prerequisite for admission to the Master's programme is a degree in engineering science, computer science or a related field with at least 210 ECTS credits.
Qualified applicants are subject to a suitability procedure in which an overall grade is determined for the ranking of the admission procedure, consisting of
- the final grade of the Bachelor's programme with weight 0.6
- a grade with a weight of 0.4, with which a subject-specific suitability, independent scientific work and experience in the field of the design of mechatronic systems is evaluated and determined on the basis of the following criteria:
- Knowledge in the areas of automotive engineering, control engineering, signal processing, sensors / actuators, modeling and simulation of mechatronic systems, electronics, microcomputer technology, programming, methods of artificial intelligence
- Practical experience (comparable to a practical semester) in the field of designing or testing mechatronic systems including their software development
- Project work in the Bachelor's programme with a thematic reference to the vehicle or methods of vehicle automation, which required knowledge of the areas design of mechatronic vehicle components, control engineering, electronics, modeling / simulation, control devices and their programming, methods of artificial intelligence.
The aptitude is considered to have been determined if the aptitude test is rated at least with the overall grade "good" (2.5).