Prof. Dr.-Ing. Thomas Brandmeier
Scientific Director Institute of CARRISMA-ISAFE, Research Professor for Vehicle Safety and Vehicle Mechatronics
Subject Area: Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Communication
Faculty: Fakultät E
- Forward-looking activation of safety systems and safe automated driving
- Sensor systems for safe environment perception in all weather conditions
Safeguarding and testing of automated vehicles in the indoor test hall
- Since 2003 at THI
- 02/2002 - 09/2003: Siemens VDO: Responsible for the algorithm development of safety systems in series production, algorithms for airbags, occupant and pedestrian protection as well as generic projects
- 10/1997 - 01/2002: Head of systems development (joint venture with Continental): Responsible for 14 engineers from the areas of function and software development, system definition and validation: Organization of winter and summer tests, customer projects
- 11/1992 - 09/1997: Predevelopment of Siemens VDO Automotive, Regensburg; Project Management in the following areas: Electromechanical braking systems (brake-by-wire) until the transfer to series development; Vehicle dynamics systems (brakes, steering, chassis); Exhaust gas aftertreatment of diesel engines in a consortium of three vehicle manufacturers
- Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Electrical Engineering, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
- Schneider, K.; Lugner, R.; Inderst, M., Weigl, T.; Brandmeier, T. (2020): Verification of Crash Severity Estimation Algorithm for Autonomous Driving Using Real Crash Data. 4th International Conference on Vision, Image and Signal Processing.
- Sequeira, G.J.; Surve, M.; Afraj, S.; Brandmeier, T. (2020): A novel concept for validation of pre-crash perception sensor information using contact sensor. 2020 IEEE 23rd International Conference.
- Sequeira, G.J.; Afraj, Shahabaz; Surve, M.; Brandmeier, T. (2020): LiDAR point cloud analysis for vehicle contour estimation using polynomial approximation and curvature breakdown. 2020 IEEE 92nd Vehicular Technology.
- Held, P.; Steinhauser, D.; Koch, A.; Brandmeier, T.; Schwarz, U.T. (2021): A Novel Approach for Model-Based Pedestrian Tracking Using Automotive Radar. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems.
- Kamann, A.; Steinhauser, D.; Gruson, F.; Brandmeier, T.; Schwarz, U. T. (2021): “Extended Object Tracking Using Spatially Resolved Micro-Doppler Signatures”, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Vehicles (vol. 6, no. 3).
Link/reference to further information
Awards and Nominations
- Rotary Research Award 2021 of the Rotary Club Ingolstadt
- Nominee for the Hermes Award 2018
- Pro meritis scientiae et litterarum 2012
- Bavarian Innovation Award 2008
- Nominee for the Innovation Award of the German Economy 2008