Track 1: UX Boot Camp – Designing for Accessibility
The focus of the International Summer School UX Boot Camp is on designing supportive systems for accessibility. Participants will work in project groups to put technologies such as gesture or voice control, robotics and VR/AR into practice.
Click on the active heading to see detailed information on the course work on offer.
Please note that this programme overview can be subject to alterations.
- general introduction to the UX Design progress following ISO 9241-210
- on-site visits (disabled home and hospital) to generate a comprehensive understanding of target group
- UX Design process: carving out team project ideas, mutual discussion, rough concept development
- presentation of paper prototypes
- UX Design process: get to know laboratory possibilities for prototype design, refine concept
- matching concepts with reality (expert evaluation with representatives of disabled home and hospital)
- UX Design process: on-site visits for evaluation
- analyse evaluation results, let improvements flow in
- prepare pitches for the final day
Associate Professor of Design at California State University Long Beach