Innovative. Open-minded. Responsible.
With 5800 students in economics and technology and 600 employees, we are shaping the future. We are driven by success in practice-oriented teaching, applied research and continu-ing academic education.
Create this future with us as a
Research Associate (m/f/d) Multiphysics Simulation of Optical Sensors
(fulltime PhD position)
Centre for Applied Research / Institute for Innovative Mobility
(Reference number P-19/65)
- Development of optical and thermo-mechanical finite element (FE) simulation models of sensors, e.g. lidar sensor and camera modules
- Coupling of mechanical and optical simulation for robust design evaluation
- Experimental validation of simulation models
- Evaluating of new sensor technologies
- Development of real time sensor models based on experimental data, FE simulation data and neuronal networks
- Master’s degree in physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, information technologies, mathematics or similar subjects
- Experience in mechanical FE simulation (preferable Ansys) or/and optical simulation (preferable Ansys-Optis)
- Experience in sensor technology and sensor design
- Ideal would be experience in optics and optoelectronics
- Experiences in modelling of complex application
- Signal processing and data evaluation
- Ideally are experiences in artificial intelligence
- Self-driven, creative, ambitious, proactive, team orientated
- Structured work methods and scientific approach
- English fluently (written and spoken) and ideally also German
This is a temporary full-time position for three years. The remuneration shall be in line with the German industrial agreement TV-L salary group 13. An extension of the position is aspired. The possibility of a cooperative doctorate will be supported.
The position can only be filled depending on the approval of project funding.
- a modern workplace in central location
- a family-friendly working conditions with flexible working hours
- an exciting and lively working environment
- extensive learning an training opportunities
Part-time work is basically possible for all our positions if these are staffed full-time through job-sharing.
Individuals with disabilities of the same suitability will be favoured for these positions. We ex-pressly welcome applications from women (Section 7 Subsection 3 BayGIG (Bavarian Wom-en’s Equality Law)).
Electronic applications are requested. Please send your detailed portfolio (Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and supporting documents about former employment) stating the reference number as a PDF file by 28. May 2019 to email@example.com. For further information contact Prof. Dr. Gordon Elger (firstname.lastname@example.org).