Innovative. Open-minded. Responsible.
With 5800 students in economics and technology and 600 employees, we are shaping the future. We are driven by success in practice-oriented teaching, applied research and continuing academic education.
Create this future with us as a
Research Associate (m/f/d) New Interconnect Technology for High Power Optoelectronic Devices (fulltime PhD position)
Centre for Applied Research / Institute for Innovative Mobility
(Reference number P-19/91)
Microelectronic packaging provides key technologies to enable new high performing electronic applications like optoelectronic sensors and LED/laser lighting systems. On the one side, in the research group new interconnects and materials for high temperature electronic applications are investigated to realize high reliability and long lifetime. On the other side, the team focuses on the development of non-destructive measurement methods and test systems for combined accelerated stress testing. Lifetime modelling, model development, FE simulation and data driven prediction of the remaining useful time of life (RUL) is the third central research focus.
- Development of non-destructive measurement technologies to access lifetime of high power optoelectronic devices, e.g. transient thermal analysis and RAMAN Spectroscopy
- Development of new materials and processes for bare die interconnects (sintering and soldering)
- Set-up and programming of measurement systems for accelerated reliability testing
Failure analysis of interconnects
- Development of physics of failure and data driven models for reliability and lifetime prediction
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, chemistry, material science, microsys-tem technology, mechatronics, mechanical engineering or similar subjects
- Experiences in material science and measurement technology
Signal processing, data evaluation, mathematical modelling and ideally also first experiences in artificial intelligence
- Experiences in programming languages (ideally C++, Python)
- Self-driven, creative, ambitious, proactive, team orientated
This is a temporary full-time position initially limited until 31. July 2022. The remuneration shall be in line with the German industrial agreement TV-L salary group 13. An extension of the position is aspired. The possibility of a cooperative doctorate will be supported.
- a modern workplace in central location
- family-friendly working conditions with flexible working hours
- an exciting and lively working environment
- extensive learning and training opportunities
Part-time work is basically possible for all our positions if these are staffed full-time through job-sharing.
Individuals with disabilities of the same suitability will be favoured for these positions. We expressly welcome applications from women (Section 7 Subsection 3 BayGIG (Bavarian Women’s Equality Law)).
Electronic applications are requested. Please send your detailed portfolio (Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and supporting documents about former employment) stating the reference number as a PDF file by 28. June 2019 to email@example.com. For further information contact Prof. Dr. Gordon Elger (firstname.lastname@example.org).