Innovative. Open-minded. Responsible.
With 5800 students in economics and technology and 600 employees, we are shaping the future. We are driven by success in practice-oriented teaching, applied research and continu-ing academic education.
Create this future with us as a
Team Leader / Post Doc (m/f/d) Lifetime Prediction and Reliability of Electronic Systems for Autonomous Driving
Centre for Applied Research / Institute for Innovative Mobility
(Reference number P-19110/THI/01)
Electronic systems like optoelectronic sensors, control units and high performing supercom-puters are key components for autonomous driving. To guarantee failure free performance of safety relevant components state monitoring and prognostic health management will become a key enabler. The research team “microelectronic packaging” of the Institute of Innovative Mobility at the Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt (THI) focuses on reliability of electronics for automotive application. Important research fields of the team are non-destructive test method development, realization of test systems for combined accelerated stress testing with state monitoring for reliability assessment. In addition to the analysis of the physical failure modes and their modelling for lifetime prediction artificial intelligence, e.g. data driven analysis and machine learning, gains more and more importance. The vision of the team is to realize pre-dictive health monitoring based on the remaining useful life assessment for the electronic components which is obtained by hybrid prediction models.
- Leading a team of 7 scientists and engineers in the field of reliability for electronics
- Drive forward artificial intelligence and data driven approaches for lifetime prediction of electronic systems
- Leading and managing of research projects
- Supervision of PhD and master students
- Acquisition of research project (public and private)
- PhD in electrical engineering, physics, mathematics, material science, microsystem tech-nology, mechatronics, mechanical engineering or similar subjects
- Experience in at least two of the fields
Artificial intelligence, big data and machine learning
Mathematical modelling and data processing
Quality control and statistic
- Willing to learn and develop new technologies
- Self-driven, creative, ambitious, proactive, team orientated
- German at a business fluent level
This is a temporary full-time position initially limited to three years but shall be perpetuated with the success of the research. The remuneration shall be in line with the German industrial agreement TV-L salary group 14. An extension of the position is aspired.
- a modern workplace in central location
- family-friendly working conditions with flexible working hours
- an exciting and lively working environment
- extensive learning an training opportunities
Part-time work is basically possible for all our positions if these are staffed full-time through job-sharing.
Individuals with disabilities of the same suitability will be favoured for these positions. We ex-pressly welcome applications from women (Section 7 Subsection 3 BayGIG (Bavarian Wom-en’s Equality Law)).
Electronic applications are requested. Please send your detailed portfolio (Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and supporting documents about former employment) stating the ref-erence number as a PDF file by 16. August 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information contact Prof. Dr. Gordon Elger (email@example.com).