The international profile of Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt is best reflected in its mission and targets. We are striving to meet the highest standards in all areas of research, teaching and management taking into account the increasing globalisation and the educational expectations of our business environment and society.
Internationalisation at Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt
Taking internationalisation for our natural mission, we provide a wide range of international Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes, subject-related foreign language courses and elective subjects dealing with international and intercultural topics. This variety of programmes and components is supported by the introduction of international degree programmes such as “Retail and Consumer Management”, “International Automotive Engineering”, "Automotive Production Engineering", "Renewable Energy Systems" and "Engineering and Management".
Close co-operation with the international coordinator of each faculty as well as the university board guarantees continuous development. Thus, at a steadily thriving university location, numerous synergy effects develop between teaching, research and management which we are pleased to support in a service-oriented manner.
The International Office of Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt supports all international activities with various offers and in manifold ways.
At the moment, at least one in three graduates of Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt has spent at least one semester of study or internship abroad. This is an extremely ambitious goal of our university which is mainly based on the fact that intercultural competencies and global thinking started to play a major role for the professional careers of our graduates. International Office helps students with all necessary arrangements before and during their studies and stay abroad.
International students are sincerely welcome to study at our university. We support the integration of our international students into everyday life of our university through a variety of services.
- Information and support of exchange students from our partner universities with the application procedure for
- Advising international degree-seeking students in organizational and everyday matters
- Intensive support of all international students during the orientation phase on-site
- Support of integration with local students, e.g. via the buddy programme or regular intercultural evenings
- Organization of workshops and excursions to support your academic success and your entry into the workforce
The International Office organises a variety of:
- Information sessions at all faculties
- Workshops on intercultural topics and how to apply in Germany (for international students) or abroad
- Intercultural Evenings ("Länderabende") and events on German traditions & holidays
- International Staff Weeks for THI and international staff
- Counselling of Ingolstadt University's teaching staff preparing for a stay at a foreign university
- Information on possible financial support of international mobility
- Assistance in establishing and consolidating new international contacts with universities and companies
- Assistance for guest lecturers from our partner universities
- Financial support and assistance in the exchange of non-academic staff between European partner universities
You can find us near the main entrance (A006): the International Office will be at the ServicePoint Studies during the semester Monday to Wednesday from 11 am to 1 pm.
You can reach us via E-Mail
- going abroad: email@example.com
- incoming students: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put documents in an envelope addressed to International Office into the post box at the entrance of building A.
Individual appointments must be booked in advance via moodle (International Office).