Dr. rer. pol. Sue Berning
Phone:+49 841 9348-1822
Subject Area: Marketing & Sales
- International Management
- Cross-cultural Management
- Emerging Markets
Since October 2017: Research Assistant at the Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt, Faculty Business School.
February 2012 – May 2017: Senior Teaching and Research Associate at the Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg, Chair International Management
March 2010 – February 2012: International Office at Technische Hochschule Nürnberg
October 2008 – February 2010: Sales and Marketing at DOWA HD Europe GmbH
June 2006 – September 2008: Marketing at Sani-Art GmbH Winschoten
March 2001 – February 2005: Studies in International Business and Communication in Asia at Fachhochschule Konstanz
Articles in double-blind refereed journals
- The Rise of Asian Elephants and Tigers: What Makes Indian and Chinese Firms Competitive? Accepted for publication in Journal of Asia Business Studies, Special Issue “Competitiveness of Asian vis-à-vis Western Firms and Nations: Concepts, Measurements and Explanations”, 2016.
- Institutional pressures, international corporate strategy and post-M&A integration of Chinese firms in Germany. Accepted for publication in Journal of International Business and Entrepreneurship Development, 2016.
- Market Entry Strategies and Performance of Chinese Firms in Germany: The Moderating Effect of Home Government Support. Accepted for publication in Management International Review, Focused Issue “Chinese Direct Investment into the European Union”, 2017 (with D. Holtbrügge).
- Chinese Outward Foreign Direct Investment - A Challenge for Traditional Internationalization Theories? Journal für Betriebswirtschaft, Vol. 62, No. 3-4, 2012, pp. 196-224 (with D. Holtbrügge).
- Globalization and Marketing in Medieval Times – The Case of Tucher. In: Internationalization of Firms. Case Studies from the Nürnberg Metropolitan Region, edited by D. Holtbrügge (forthcoming).
- Human Resource Management Practices of Chinese Firms in Africa. Accepted for publication in: Examining the Private Sector’s Role in Wealth Creation and Poverty Reduction, edited by S.A. Hipsher (with J. Ambrosius).
- Bamboo and Lotos: What makes Chinese and Indian Firms resilient? In: Resilience, edited by R. Gutwald, M. Karidi & M. Schneider (forthcoming).
- Impact of Indigenous Chinese Management Concepts on Leadership Practices. In: The Palgrave Handbook of Leadership in Transforming Asia, edited by N. Muenjohn & A. McMurray (forthcoming).
- Chinese Investment in the European Football Industry. In: Handbook of Research on Scientific and Technological Development in Asia, edited by B. Christiansen & G. Koc. IGI Global (forthcoming) (with D. Maderer).
- Indigenous Chinese Management Philosophies. Key Concepts and Relevance for Modern Chinese Firms. In: Handbook of Research on Scientific and Technological Development in Asia, edited by B. Christiansen & G. Koc. IGI Global (forthcoming) (with R. Garg).
- Email Communication Styles Across Cultures. In: The International Encyclopedia of Intercultural Communication, edited by Y.Y. Kim. Wiley Publishing (in press) (with D. Holtbrügge).
- Pictures as means of intercultural communication – The case of Chinese firms in Germany. In: Yearbook of Market Entry Advisory 2016, edited by A. Tirpitz & R. Schleus. Berlin (with D. Holtbrügge).
- Outward Foreign Direct Investment of Emerging Market Firms. In: Foreign Investment in Eurasia and the Pacific Rim, edited by D.A. Dyker. London: Imperial College Press, 2014 (with D. Holtbrügge and R. Garg).
- The National Government’s Role in Chinese Outward Foreign Direct Investment. In: Research Handbook on the Globalization of Chinese Firms, edited by C.C. Julian, Z.U. Ahmed & J. Xu. Cheltenham, 94-134, 2013 (with D. Holtbrügge).
- International Management
- International Marketing
- International Retailing
- Methods of Scientific Working