Evidence of the following qualifications has to be provided for admission to the master’s degree course in Marketing, Sales and Media (German abbreviation: MVM):
- An economics or media-oriented bachelor’s degree from a German university with at least 210 ECTS credit points or an equivalent qualification from a university in Germany or abroad. A certificate must be submitted as proof. The Examination Commission decides on equivalence. Equivalence requires there to be no essential difference between the knowledge/skills acquired and the content of a business or media-oriented bachelor's degree at THI.
- Applicants must pass a selection procedure (only available in German) for the master's degree course in Marketing, Sales and Media.
- Please note: Your admission cannot be reviewed until all application documents have been submitted. It is not possible to make a definitive statement without looking at the certificates first. We cannot provide advance information regarding your chances of admission by e-mail or telephone.
More details on how to apply.
The following link contains information on the application procedure for applicants from abroad.
NOTE on 180 ECTS:
Can I apply even if I have obtained less than 210 ECT (normally 180 ECTS) in my previous bachelor’s degree?
It is possible to apply for the MVM master’s degree with less than 210 ECTS; however, proof of compensation of the missing 30 ECTS has to be provided no later than the end of the application period by means of:
- proof of practical experience outside the degree course which corresponds to the practical semester of a bachelor’s degree in economics or a media-related subject in terms of content and scope
- proof of practical or theoretical study and examinations taken at a German or foreign university in addition to the student’s first degree which corresponds in content and scope to the demands of a bachelor's degree in economics or a media-related subject.
NOTE: Please note that where documents are submitted to show evidence of practical professional experience or either practical or theoretical achievements worth 30 ECTS – in addition to a bachelor’s degree – the documents must clearly indicate that the 30 ECTS were obtain over and above the bachelor's degree programme. Confirmation can be provided by the university showing that the ECTS/internship were not counted towards the first degree. The duration of the practical professional experience gained outside the first degree should be equivalent to 20 weeks of full-time work. Furthermore, the internship reference must be submitted in officially certified form together with the other application documents. In both cases, we recommend to submit meaningful documents from which the Examination Committee can clearly understand the substantive aspects immediately.
Please see the Study and Examination Regulations (only available in German) for details.