Our „nice“ club was founded in 2015 and has been growing ever since. We co-operate with the International Office (IO) and support the integration of international exchange and degree students at THI and the whole region.
Who are we?
We are a diverse group consisting of students with many different study subjects and nationalities. It is our aim to enable an integration as smooth as possible for international students – however, having fun is just as important to us!
What do we do?
Connect people from all over the world
- Arrange excursions and trips
- Conduct cultural exchange events
- Bring international and German students together
- Strengthen the international community in Ingolstadt
- Support the incoming international students
Some impressions of our activities
You can join and support our team in the following areas:
There are several tasks connected to the Buddy Programme: Become a Buddy and help international students find their way before their arrival in and during their first weeks in Ingolstadt. Act as a translator for smaller groups of students during appointments, for example in the town hall. Or help co-ordinating the programme as a whole to make sure nothing goes wrong!
Join the events or excursions team (or both!?!), take on organizational tasks and monitor the events/trips on-site to make sure that everything works out just as planned.
Some examples for events/excursions:
- Regular Events: Board Game Night, Movie Night, Open Mic Night
- Excursions WS 2018 (are chosen individually every semester):
Neuschwanstein Castle, Bamberg, Regensburg, German Museum (Deutsches Museum) in Munich
Gain first experience in the Marketing sector even during your theoretical study semesters! This area includes typical marketing activities like promoting the club and its events, the creation of posters and other advertising material or taking care of our online/Social Media channels.
At N.I.C.E. you can give free rein to your creativity. Join us and help shape our future agenda with your own visions and ideas!
- Certificate about social commitment (nice add-on for scholarship applications, the CV, etc.)
- Gaining intercultural experience
- Gaining skills in areas such as project work, marketing, etc., as well as strengthening your soft skills
- Improvement of your language and organizational skills
- Building an international network and find new friends from Germany and all over the world!