Orientation and finding a sense of purpose in our society are becoming increasingly complex and difficult; day-to-day advice offered by friends, acquaintances and family members is often insufficient to tackle problems and crises.
At THI there is a place to go for students who need support in handling a whole range of different problems. Counselling is provided by Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg. They are very experienced in working with youngsters and young adults.
Appointments can be made by sending an e-mail to psychologischeberatung@ thi.de. This e-mail addressed is administered by the Student Counselling Office, which coordinates appointments. Counselling is carried out on a person-to-person basis on the premises of the Student Counselling Office. It is confidential, free of charge and can also be carried out anonymously on request. Confidentiality here also means that there is no interface with university bodies and no access to student data systems.
Potential reasons to seek counselling
- Academic difficulties:
- Fears of examination and assessment
- Decision-making problems based on mental illness (depression etc.)
- Illness and disability in day-to-day university life
- Family difficulties:
- Relationship conflicts with one's partner
- Overcoming separation
- Conflicts with parents and siblings
- Teething problems and finding your way around in a new city and in new roles:
- Isolation, contact problems, separation from parents and home,
- Reorientation, identity problems
- Unresolved development issues
Initial counselling on the following issues with a view to transferring to therapy:
- Burn-out, depression, anxieties, psychosomatic complaints, thoughts of suicide, self-inflicted injuries, eating disorders, compulsive behaviour, coping with bereavement in an academic, personal or professional context
- Experience of sexual harassment
- Addiction problems: Alcohol and other drugs, internet and/gambling addiction
Make an appointment
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org