Who can apply?
- Bachelor students from semester 1 through 7 and Master students from all semesters and study programmes who are enrolled at Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt and are within the standard period of study.
- University applicants who are about to start a degree at Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt
Please note that the simultaneous claim for several scholarships for high-potentials/gifted students is outruled! The Geramyn scholarship will not be granted if financial assistance from another organisation topping 30,00 €/month is in existence.
What are the benefits of the Germany Scholarship?
- A non-repayable grant of € 300 per month that is not income-dependent (receiving several grants at the same time is not permitted)
- Contact with the sponsors
What are the criteria for awarding the scholarships?
The selection of the scholarship recipients is essentially based on their average grade for their academic work to date (cut-off date: 20th August). For new students on Bachelor and Master programmes, the average grade of the higher education entrance qualification or the entrance qualification for a Master programme is used.
Particular social commitment and the following personal or family circumstances lead to an improvement of the grade up (max. 0.4 points):
- Looking after their own children
- Providing care for relatives at home with a proven level of care
- Severe disability
- Migrant background
The deduction is only made once, even if several of the criteria are met.We would like to point out expressly that the Germany Scholarship will not be awarded if you are already receiving talent and performance-dependent financial support from another institution, exceeding € 30.00 per month.
How many scholarships are awarded and in which study programmes?
For the winter semester 2016/17, Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt is expected to award 40 scholarships for one academic year, some of which are subject-specific. For subject-specific scholarships, the sponsor specifies the study programme. Non-subject-specific means that these scholarships are open to all students.
When do I have to apply?
Online application for students in higher semesters from 15th July to 15th SeptemberOnline application for new students from 15th September to 15th October How can I apply? The application starts online.
- With the submission of a CV in tabular form, evidence of particular family or personal circumstances, if applicable, and evidence of information on particular social commitment by means of a report from the institution in question, if applicable, the application is complete and can be taken into consideration in the process.
- For new students on Bachelor programmes, the certificate for the higher education entrance qualification. For new students on Master programmes, the certificate for the entrance qualification for a Master programme. Evidence of personal or family circumstances, provided that information has been provided about these in the online application.
- Evidence of information on particular social commitment, provided that information has been provided about this in the online application, by means of a report from the institution in question.
You can find information on issues relating to tax law connected with the Germany Scholarship here.