Within the framework of the BMBF funding programme "Research at Universities of Applied Sciences" (FH-Invest), a research environment is being set up across institutes by the institutes IIMo and CARISSMA at THI, which allows the safe operation of large traction batteries up to 1000 V.
The essential core of the project is the establishment of a research platform that enables the operation of Learning and Intelligent Battery Systems for direct current as well as for 3-phase applications. The aim is to raise research findings from the cell and module level to the system level and thus to perform research much closer to the application and to enable the breakthrough of innovations into industrial applications. Furthermore, the research platform is highly flexible and enables the development and research of innovative communication concepts, a detailed status determination as well as a controlled influence on the battery system.
In the project are and are procured:
- Climate chamber 18m³ suitable for lithium-ion battery packs from ATT environmental simulation
- 2-CH-Packtester 1000V/160kW from Digatron
- Test thermostat IN 530 TW for Li-Ion battery packs from Lauda
- Power emulator 300V/45kW 3-phase from Chroma
- Measurement control system and data logger 600 Digital I/O from dSpace
- Poweranalyzer for high-precision power balancing by ZES Zimmer