The Graduate Center offers all THI doctoral students the opportunity to take part in the "Doctoral Studies Accompanying Studies" certificate. The aim of the certificate is to provide doctoral students with further education in their field of study and beyond. It comprises four modules in the fields of research competence, entrepreneurship and industrial property rights, as well as two elective modules in the field of science. The structured doctoral programme comprises 30 ECTS and a standard period of study of six semsters.
- University degree (diploma, master's degree or equivalent national or international qualification)
- Supervision commitment of a THI professor (confirmed by a supervision agreement)
- German language skills
To enrol in the certificate "Doctoral Studies Complementary Course", the following documents must be submitted to the applicant portal:
- Form "Information on the course of doctoral studies".
- Copies of certificates of previous academic degrees including the corresponding documents (diploma, bachelor, master)
- Copy of the certificate of university entrance qualification (e.g. school leaving certificate)
- Exmatriculation certificates of previous courses of study (original or officially certified)Certificate of insurance from the health insurance company (indicate whether you are "subject to compulsory insurance" or "exempt from compulsory insurance")
- Certificate of enrolment (in case of simultaneous enrolment in another degree programme)
- Signed supervision agreement
- Tabular, signed resume
- Current passport photo (also possible in digital form)
- Copy of the identity card or passport
- Applicants from non-German-speaking countries whose educational certificates allow direct access to higher education must also provide proof of sufficient knowledge of German (for information, see "Download")
The statutes on admission to studies, the matriculation, leave of absence, re-registration and de-registration procedure at Ingolstadt University of Technology (Matriculation Statutes THI) of 08.02.2007 you have to apply on the basis of the currently valid version.
An application is only possible in electronic form (in the applicant portal) and during the application period. You will find all information about online application on the website of the Service Center for Student Affairs.
The following link will take you directly to the online application.
Phone: +49 841 9348-6456
Information on the course of the doctorate (German)
Information sheet health insurance for students (German)
Model health insurance certificate (German)
Direct debit authorization (German)
Guideline for the supervision of cooperative doctoral procedures (German)
Explanatory notes on proof of German language skills (German)