ERASMUS+: THE EU HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
Funding of student mobility (study semester and internship) as well as staff and lecturer exchange
Partner university or host company is situated in an EU member state or else in Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Macedonia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Rumania, or Turkey.
Country group I (minimum funding: 420,-€/month)
Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Norway, Sweden, UK
Country group II (minimum funding: 360,-€/month)
Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, , Spain,
Country group III (minimum funding: 300,-€/month)
Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia (FYROM), Poland, Rumania, Slovakia, Slovenia, The Czech Republic, Turkey
• 3 to 12 months study period abroad
• 2 to 12 months internship abroad
• 2 days to 6 weeks for staff and lecturer mobility
Please note that the period of financial support may contain zero-grant days without financial support.
A separate application is not required for the Erasmus+ grant. IO will contact you by email asking you to fill in and submit particular documents.
Ongoing, before the beginning of an internship.
See the download section for further information on Erasmus+ funding.
You have to carry out the following activities and to hand in the following documents before you leave Germany:
- LA incl. your signature as well as the lecturers’ – if needed – and the faculty coordinator’s signature (should be handed in at the IO ServicePoint as soon as possible as it needs to be signed by the host university before your semester abroad starts. Before submitting your LA to the Service Point please upload onto your Mobility Online account.
- Grant Agreement (fill in, sign, upload onto your Mobility Online account, and hand in the original at the IO ServicePoint)
- Participation in Intercultural Training Part l & ll
- Accomplish first OLS Language Test in the host university’s teaching language (if required, you will receive an invitation from the IO)
Once you have handed in all documents and after the LA has been signed by the host university, you will receive 70% of your ERASMUS+ scholarship. 30% will be transferred to your account as soon as you have accomplished the following tasks after your return to Germany:
- Hand in signed Letter of Confirmation (LoC – see download section; this certificate may not be issued by the host university more than one week before your departure) at the IO ServicePoint & upload LoC to your Mobility Online account
- Upload report (word document) in Mobility Online
- Participate in Intercultural Training Part lll
- Second OLS Language Test in the host university’s teaching language
- Fill in the Erasmus participant report - you will receive an invitation to fill in the report by email.
All documents have to be handed in at the IO ServicePoint/uploaded to Mobility Online four weeks after the official end of your semester abroad at the latest!
- Registration in PRIMUSS
- Registration in Mobility Online; upload your filled-in and signed Learning Agreement for Traineeships “Before the Mobility”, current enrolment certificate, certificate of intercultural training (if available), proof of PRIMUSS registration
- Hand in or post the original Grant Agreement for Traineeships (incl. your signature) at the IO ServicePoint
- Language Test in the host company’s business language (if required, you will receive an invitation from the IO)
Be aware: It is not possible to apply for ERASMUS+ after you have started your internship abroad! No exceptions possible!
In order to receive the second instalment after your internship abroad, you have to hand in the following documents:
- Erasmus Traineeship Certificate (LA “After the mobility”) and/or internship certificate have to be uploaded in Mobility Online
- Fill in the Erasmus Participant Report. An Invitation to do so will be sent to you by email