Step 3: Finding an Internship
You have decided which region and country you would like to go to or which company or sector you would like to work in. You have chosen the areas in which you would like to do your internship based on course specialisations.
Now it's time to search of an internship. There are a number of different sources you can use:
- Your own private contacts and networks
- The experience of fellow students
- Student jobs in companies with one or more international locations
- Look at current internships on offer in Germany and abroad in Moodle, the Primuss database or the THI job database
- Internship search engines online
- Recruitment events and university fairs
In the Primuss database you can either register your internship position online – or find a list of companies which indicates the latest internship positions available by means of a symbol in front of the company's name. You will also find the contact details of more than 1,000 companies in Germany and abroad, with the option to filter by degree and region.
Besides, many internship positions are listed in moodle.
Furthermore, you can also get an overview of specific internship positions offered by the DAAD's national agency for EU higher education cooperation.