The further qualifying Master’s programme “Technical Development” is based on the contents of the Bachelor’s programme in Mechanical and Automotive Engineering at THI. The programme aims to provide students with advanced knowledge of methodology and use of scientific principles for process development.
Technical Development in Mechanical Engineering (M. Eng.)
Master of Engineering (M. Eng.)
Summer & Winter
Yes Dual Offers
Ingolstadt and Amberg
The areas of specialization follow the main objectives of THI and they are in accordance with the specialization areas of the partner universities involved in this program. Advanced theoretical and scientific knowledge qualifies students for doctoral studies or a research career. Furthermore, the program aims to consolidate the analytical and methodological skills and key qualifications of students and to provide them with management know-how and skills.
“Technical Development” is a full-time program which covers three theoretical semesters. The third semester is however reserved for the Master’s thesis. At the beginning of studies, students must choose an area of specialization at Ingolstadt University (Vehicle construction) or at one of its partner universities (at present: Amberg-Weiden University). Students can complete their second semester of specialization at one of the partner universities (article 2, paragraph 1, line 2). The study offer of partner universities is in accordance with their own program and examination regulations.
Applicants will have to fulfill the following requirements:
- the successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering /Automotive Engineering or an equivalent degree at a German university with a minimum of 210 credit points and the final grade “good” (grade point average of min. 2, 5 in conformity with General Examination Regulations, Article18, paragraph 7) or above or
- the successful completion of a “Diplom” degree in Mechanical Engineering / Automotive Engineering or an equivalent degree at a German university with the final grade “good” (grade point average of min. 2, 5 in conformity with General Examination Regulations, Article18, paragraph 7) or above or
- the successful completion of an equivalent degree at a foreign university.
Possible if there's a cooperation between the company and THI. Please find further details here.
The postgraduate degree course Technical Development in Mechanical Engineering builds on the basis provided by the bachelor’s degree course in Mechanical Engineering and related degree courses. The course gives graduates a wide range of career options. Particular importance is also attached to pursuing the theoretical scientific fundamentals in greater depth, enabling students to embark on a doctorate programme or a career in the scientific field.
In particular, the course prepares students for careers in related interdisciplinary areas such as:
- Technical development
- Project management
- No tuition fees - 42,00 EUR student’s union contribution per semester only.
- General information on scholarship:
Public funding (BAföG) is only available to Germans and to EU citizens if they have spent a considerable part of their education in Germany. The university awards a scholarship called Deutschlandstipendium once a year which cannot fully cover living expenses. Additionally we have limited funds and support some international students for a maximum of one semester. Please do not actively approach the International Office on scholarships, once a year a call for application automatically reaches all international students.
- Third party scholarship:
- If you are an applicant from abroad, you may qualify for a scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD): www.daad.de
- If you are a German students we recommend to research for suitable scholarships on www.mystipendium.de
- Please note that we cannot offer any guidance or support concerning scholarship applications.
- We recommend that single students budget at least 700-900 EUR per month to meet personal expenses (accommodation, health insurance, stay, books, semester contribution)
- Vehicle construction: Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt
- Laser: Technische Hochschule Amberg-Weiden
- Simulation: Technische Hochschule Amberg-Weiden
Important DatesImportant dates
Programme director and Academic Advisor
For all issues before and during your studies
Prospective students – please find all information here
Here you can find initial information on the study programme, application procedure and deadlines, documents, language requirements and the start of the programme in Ingolstadt. Please follow this link.
Service Center Study Affairs
For information on the application process, on legislation and examination, please follow this link
The module handbook contains information on prerequisites, contents, learning outcomes, ECTS points, duration, work load, literature, references of the offered modules and lectures.
WS 2018_19 Master TE Modulhandbuch (pdf) (gemäß SPO ab SS 2017)
SS 2019 Master_TE Modulhandbuch (pdf) (gemäß SPO ab SS 2017)
Study and Examination Regulations
Study and examination regulations (SPO) (German only) deal with judicial matters concerning your study course. For more information please turn to the pages of the legal department.