Are you interested in the topic of building - and how it can be done ecologically and sustainably? Do you want to use your work to build our world a little better later on - for example with sustainable building materials, using geothermal energy or with regional construction logistics? With the degree programme Industrial Engineering - Construction you can start an engineering Bachelor's degree in Neuburg, which is unique in Bavaria in its orientation. It combines the core contents of civil engineering with economic contents and deliberately focuses on sustainability. It gives you a broad spectrum of knowledge and applications, especially in the field of environmental and sustainable civil engineering. At the innovative campus you will be on site when holistic and sustainable solutions are developed in the design, planning, project management and realisation of construction projects. Your degree - with green prospects for the future.
Industrial Engineering – Construction (B. Eng.)
Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng.)
Summer & Winter
Yes Dual Offers
Digitalisation in the construction industry is playing an increasingly important role in the development of sustainable concepts in terms of economic and ecological sustainability - be an active player in shaping the increasing urbanisation at the interface of construction technology and organisational as well as business management issues. Learn how to make the world more sustainable through smart homes and smart grids. Core contents of innovative civil engineering are combined with economic contents in the degree programme. In your future career, you can work in the areas of project management of new construction projects, facility management of existing buildings, awarding construction projects to municipal companies and managing medium-sized construction companies or real estate funds - and use your knowledge of sustainable management and resource-saving construction techniques. In this way, you create your personal ecological footprint - for a future worth living.
Baubetriebs- und Verfahrenstechnik (Einführungsprojekt)
Bauchemie und Baustoffe
Statistik und Data Science
Mikro- und Makroökonomie
Buchführung und Bilanzierung
Wasserwirtschaft und Umwelttechnik
Verkehrsplanung und Verkehrstechnik
Wirtschafts- und Arbeitsrecht
Baukostenrechnung und Controlling
Investitionsrechnung und Finanzierung
Nachhaltiges energieeffizientes Bauen
Projektführung und Projektmanagement
Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship (in English)
Bau- und Umweltrecht
Unternehmensführung und Personalmanagement
Digitales Bauprozessmanagement und BIM
Vermessungstechnik und Geotechnik
Real Estate- and Facility-Management (in English)
Auftragsvergabe und Vertragsmanagement
Social Skills Wahlpflichtmodul
Application period for the winter semester starts May 2nd, for the summer term Nov. 15. Please consider that the online application is only possible in this space of time - applications which reach the university later than July 31 or Feb. 15 cannot be taken into consideration. In cases of prolonged application periods, that will be communicated here.
Please find further information on application for bachelor study courses.
The dual studies programme enables a combination of practical training elements in a company with the theoretical education provided by the university. There is a choice of either the joint model (academic study + vocational training) or the degree course with vocational experience (academic study + intense practical phases). There is an obvious advantage to students here: practically oriented academic study generally enables a particularly smooth transition from university to the world of work. What is more, the student usually receives financial remuneration from the company concerned.
In the joint model, students may start working at the company several months before the start of the first semester, depending on the company concerned. At the start of the course there is an alternation between theory (during the semester) and practical experience (between semesters and during the practical semesters). In order to embark on a dual studies programme, students have to apply to both a company and to THI (be sure to take note of company application deadlines!).
Bei den zukünftigen Tätigkeitsfelder der Absolventen stehen folgende Branchen im Fokus:
- Mittelständische Bauunternehmen
- Beschaffungs- und Bauabteilungen von Großunternehmen
- Städte und Kommunen
- Hoch- und Tiefbauunternehmen
- Kommunale Ver- und Entsorgung
Die Absolventen des Studiengangs sind für Fach- und Führungsaufgaben in folgenden Bereichen vorbereitet:
- Projektplanung, Projektentwicklung und Projektsteuerung von Neubauprojekten
- Projektbetreuung und Facility Management von BestandsbautenVergabewesen und –steuerung von Bauprojekten kommunaler Betriebe und Einrichtungen
- Beschaffung und Koordination von Bauleistungen in der Privatwirtschaft
- Leitung von mittelständischen Bauunternehmen
- Management von Immobilienfonds
- Steuerung von Nachhaltigkeisprozessen im Bauwesen
- Public funding (BAföG) is only available to Germans and to EU citizens if they have spent a considerable part of their education in Germany. The university awards a scholarship called Deutschlandstipendium once a year which cannot fully cover living expenses. Additionally we have limited funds and support some international students for a maximum of one semester. Please do not actively approach the International Office on scholarships, once a year a call for application automatically reaches all international students.
- Third party scholarship:
- If you are an applicant from abroad, you may qualify for a scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD): www.daad.de
- If you are a German students we recommend to research for suitable scholarships on www.mystipendium.de
- Please note that we cannot offer any guidance or support concerning scholarship applications.
- We recommend that single students budget at least 700-900 EUR per month to meet personal expenses (accommodation, health insurance, stay, books, semester contribution)
- On our Marketplace you will find advertisements for student housing in Ingolstadt and Neuburg, subject to availability.
- A larger complex with a supermarket and approx. 45 apartments is currently being built in the immediate vicinity of the campus, expected to be rented from June 2021, please inform yourself e.g. at mayrbau.de.
- Studienseminar Neuburg, www.studienseminar-neuburg.de/leistungen/einrichtungen/wohnheim-neuburg/, a total of 43 rooms/apartments. Please apply using the form in the download area (https://www.studienseminar-neuburg.de/downloads/). Contact Bettina Fürnrohr from the property management www.studienseminar-neuburg.de/kontakt/
When studying at Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt, international experience can be gained through a stay abroad at a partner university or through an internship abroad.
To prepare for your semester abroad or to learn another foreign language alongside your studies, you can take language courses at THI's own Language Centre. The courses are taught almost exclusively by native speakers; the language courses are offered at different levels. All courses are free of charge for our students.
More contact options
A module handbook describes the modules belonging to a degree programme. It contains information on admission requirements, learning content and objectives, ECTS points, duration, workload, literature, types of examinations, lecturers and module leaders of the modules and courses of the respective degree programme.
Module handbook 1st - 7th semester (pdf)
(available in German language only)
Study and Examination Regulations
Study and examination regulations (SPO) deal with judicial matters concerning your study course. Please turn to the pages of the legal department for Statutes of this course.
For any questions on requirements, exams regulations and more, please turn to the Service Center Study Affairs.
[Translate to English:]