The laboratory for control engineering is used for the practical courses on control and automation engineering accompanying the lectures. At six workstations, students work in small teams to consolidate the contents acquired in the lectures. The students work on real test setups as well as with the simulation software Matlab/SIMULINK.
goals and idea
The experimental setups deal with the details:
- Temperature control system
- Modelling, simulation and control of an electromechanical automotive throttle valve
- Automation of a Carrera track
- Automation of a railway line
- Automation on production plants (Festo)
Laboratory equipment and activities
The equipment includes six workstations where the experiments on temperature control, the throttle valve and simulations can be processed in parallel.
In addition, individual setups are available for the other experiments.
The practical training is offered in parallel to the following lectures:
- Control and Automation Engineering (course of studies EIT)
- Control engineering (FFI and EMB courses)
- Control engineering 1 and 2 (MT course of studies)
- Control engineering (courses of studies MB and ML, faculty M)
- Study projects
- Theses (Bachelor & Master)
- Industrial Projects
- Special events: e.g. university information days, Girls Day, Technology Day, school classes